They donate ingredients; You donate work/time
Grouse Mountain and SOS Children’s Village BC are partnering during Peak of Christmas to create a special SOS Children’s Gingerbread Village. They are looking for professional and aspiring bakers and pastry chefs to help build unique gingerbread houses that will be on display in the Grouse Mountain Chalet from November 26-December 31, 2015. Each baker will be paired with a sponsor and collaborate on the gingerbread house design.
Each gingerbread house will be judged and the top three will be awarded the following prizes:
1st Place $1,000
2nd Place $500
3rd Place $300
Bakers will also receive potential exposure through a variety of different channels:
- Grouse Mountain Facebook, Twitter and Instagram sites
- Media partners; Global TV, Peak FM, North Shore News
- Grouse Mountain public relations promotion
- Signage promoting participants name or institution
Spaces are limited! Here are some more details and more will be posted as soon as I get them:
- Opportunity to showcase your talents and chance to win a Grouse Mountain Gift Card or cash
- Gain exposure to visitors to the Peak of Christmas, November 26 to December 31
- Social media exposure through Grouse Mountain’s social media (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) and public relations
- Onsite signage promoting the participants name and/or institution
- Chance to win prizes based on votes by the general public
- Connection with corporate partner of the SOS Children’s Village BC
- Complimentary Skyride access November 2015 for each registered team member several days in advance so sponsors can finish decorating their work of art on site.
Free to enter. Teams will be provided with basic ingredients outlined below. All additional costs are the responsibility of the teams.
Open to professional and amateur pastry chefs and bakers. There will be one category of entrants and entries will be judged on the same criteria. Teams will be paired with a corporate sponsor of SOS Children’s Village BC Parade of Christmas. Sponsor will provide feedback on theme, however, creative development will rest with the pastry design team.
Criteria will include:
- Originality and creativity
- Overall appearance
- Integration of corporate sponsor branding in an authentic manner, and not overtly commercial
Latest posts by Elke (see all)
- Press Release for Anthropocene – Vanishing Landscapes Photo Exhibit - September 20, 2018
- Fundraising Event this Saturday at the Blenheim Pub - September 14, 2018
- 5-Step Guide to Being German 2.0 - September 6, 2018
About the Author
Elke is a connector, a promoter, a writer and a blogger who loves to build community, attend events and network with other entrepreneurs. Whether you need help with advertising, public relations, social media or communications, she is there for her clients.