See Schweinsteiger in Action!
Join us to see Schweinsteiger in action at the BC Place Stadium when the Whitecaps FC take on Chicago Fire.
Specially priced group tickets are available right here on Westcoast German News.
July 7, 2018 at 7:30 pm at BC Place
$40 All In! Payment details can be found below poster.
For more information, please contact Oliver at 604 669-9283 ext. 7865 or contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions
How does the Manchester Public Eatery describe itself?
Serving everybody from the office staff of Kitsilano to the sports fans of Vancouver – The Manchester Public House offers comfort, good food and 360-degree screen views for sports and other televised events. The venue has a historical connection with its local community and remains a reliable spot to see all European sports including Rugby, Irish Sports and English Premier League Football.
This year for the first time ever, it will be the “Official German House” and showing the German Games while serving genuine Erdinger Weissbier with genuine German soccer fans!#GermanFansCanada together again.
Join us in your German Jersey’s and cheer on one of the world’s soccer power houses :
Sunday June 12th :
British Columbia (12:00)Thursday June 16th :
British Columbia (12:00)
Monday June 20th :
British Columbia (9:00)
Where is it located?
3. Is it the Official German House this year?
4. What kind of beer does it serve?
It found a sponsor in “Erdinger Weissbier” and on the last game, it will award the gigantic beer glass to the winning ticket during half-time! Erdinger Weissbier is a Hefeweizen style beer brewed by Erdinger Weissbräu in Erding, Germany.
It also has a variety of other beer, such as:
1. Stella – Through a series of mergers, Stella Artois is now produced by Anheuser-Busch InBev, the world’s largest brewer in Belgium,
2. Kronenbourg – the Kronenbourg Brewery is a brewery founded in 1664 by Geronimus Hatt in Strasbourg, Holy Roman Empire. The name comes from the area where the brewery relocated in 1850. The company is owned by the Carlsberg Group,
3. Carlsberg – The Carlsberg Group is a Danish brewing company founded in 1847 by J. C. Jacobsen.
4. Cypress Honey Lager – Like the towering cypress trees of the North Shore, our honey lager is a coastal staple. Mild, bright and lightly hopped with a hint of Fraser Valley honey. It pairs up nicely with lighter seafoods and a thirst for adventure.
One things Germans in Vancouver seem to love with all their heart is soccer. Most people head to the Vancouver Alpen Club, which attracts people from all over. The Euro Cup 2016 has their Grand Opening on Friday, June 10th, 2016.
Meanwhile, here in Vancouver, there are 3 games that are of interest to the German Community and anyone else who follows the German soccer team.
- Sunday, June 12th – Doors Open at 11 am
2. Thursday, June 16th, 2016 – Doors open at 11 am
3. Tuesday, June 21st – Doors open at 11 am
But where can you go if the Alpen Club is too full or if you can’t get to the German Club due to lack of transportation or another reason?
This year, the Manchester Pub and Eatery on Broadway (at Maple) is offering the German Games, as well. $10 entry gets you your first Carlsen Beer, as well!
Euro Cup 2016
Join us the 2016 UEFA European Championship, commonly referred to as UEFA Euro 2016 or simply Euro 2016, will be the 15th edition of the UEFA European Championship, the quadrennial international men’s football championship of Europe organized by UEFA.
Are you an Expatriate from Germany, Austria or Switzerland?
1. German TV – Free – https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/german-tv-music-video-radio/id491610213?mt=8 (49.6 Megabites)
How they describe it: Genießen Sie Fernsehen Shows, Nachrichten, Filme, Comedy-Clips oder YouTube-Kanäle und hören Sie Radio und HOT Musik Ihrer Wahl.
I recently downloaded this and am quite enjoying the news section
2. YouTV – https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/store/apps/youtv-mediathek/9nblggh4pf5j (10.85 MB)
How they describe it: Endlich Fernsehen, wie Du es willst: mit YouTV® wird es Wirklichkeit. Mit Deinem persönlichen Cloud-Rekorder zeichnest Du alle Sendungen, aller Sender rund um die Uhr auf.
I just received information that this app exists and have now had a chance to purchase it yet. Let me know if you decide to use it.
3. Auswärtiges Amt – Auslandsvertretungen weltweit – http://www.kanada.diplo.de/__Zentrale_20Komponenten/Ganze-Seiten/de/Auswaertiges-Amt/AV-AA-App.html?site=418351 (29.3 MB)
Sie ist das mobile Einstiegstor zu den neuesten Informationen und dem multimedialen Angebot unserer weltweit über 230 Auslandsvertretungen. Außerdem finden Sie hier Kontaktdaten und Öffnungszeiten der Auslandsvertretungen sowie alle Pressemeldungen des Auswärtigen Amts in Berlin.
This is great for anyone who wants information about their local German Consulate. Many newcomers to town who are trying to market a German event, service or product will contact the German Consulate before anyone else. There are often neat events listed that can be found nowhere else.
4. For Younger Ones – Learn German by Mindsnacks – https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id473825665?mt=8 (40.2 MB)
Now you can learn to speak and read German while playing games on the go. Featuring 9 addictive games designed to teach essential vocabulary & conversation skills, MindSnacks’ German app is perfect for adults, kids, students and anyone hoping to visit Berlin, tour the German countryside or just cozy up to the language.
This is the only app on this list that costs something ($4,99 US) yet it looks like so much fun. As a teacher of children in German School, I would love to try this with my students.
5. BUNDESLIGA Official App – https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/bundesliga-official-app/id1005632836?mt=8
The Bundesliga App is the official mobile APP of the Bundesliga.
It is the essential Bundesliga companion, tailor-made for international fans giving them the opportunity to experience the excitement of the league first-hand. ((21.9 MB))
This will be the app I download next. Since I take so many photos, I usually find that I do not have many MB left for anything else. But I will just have to be diligent about uploading my photos to my computer and emptying them off my phone. UEFA – the Union of European Football Associations – (the governing body of European football) is having their Euro 2016 in France “Le Rendez-Vous” – http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro/