If you have an Austrian, German or Swiss product/service, advertising on my website is the way to go.
Media Contact: Elke Porter at 604 828 8788 or e-mail her at advertise@porterprvancouver
The contact page can be found here: Contact Elke
Where can I advertise?
- Mini Newsletter
- Quarterly Westcoast German Newsletter
- Business Directory
- Specialty magazine
How much does an advertisement cost?
$50, $500 or $1000 – depending where it will be published
What kind of format do you like to receive ads in?
What is the minimum resolution for a print ad?
What are your deadlines?
One or two days before I publish, so I am very flexible.
Who are your readers/audience?
- German-speakers in Western Canada
- Germans – both local and abroad
- Swiss – both local and abroad
- Austrians – both local and abroad
- Canadians who love Germany
- Americans who love Germany
Where can I find your books?
- 75 German-speaking Influential People in Western Canada – https://www.magcloud.com/browse/issue/1819778 (MagCloud) or https://www.amazon.ca/German-Speaking-Influential-People-Western-Canada/dp/177735210X (Amazon)
- Moving to Vancouver; Living in Vancouver – https://www.amazon.ca/Moving-Vancouver-Living-Newcomers-Switzerland/dp/B08SFZCVQW
Will you be publishing advertisements in your Book #2 – 75 German-Speaking Influential People in Western Canada – Part II?
Absolutely – but only full page or half page ads for $500 half and $1000 for full. This includes sponsorship elements.
What does sponsoring Elke, Westcoast German News or the latest book get me?
Mentions in print and digital publications
Social Media shout outs or links
Personal thank you at the book launch or at a special event
A signed copy of the book
Free advertising on the website, in the newsletter and in the book
What kind of sponsors are you looking for?
High-level $5000 sponsor – with swag to give away
Silver sponsor of $1000.
Bronze Sponsors for $500
What kind of financial support are you looking for?
In-kind support, such as office space, personal secretary and video camera
Salary or living expenses so that I can continue to support the German community in Western Canada
What other support would you appreciate?
It is my goal to work for or start up a German Television Station that will attract a broad audience. If this is your passion/hobby, please contact me so we can talk about getting started.
What are some things you are looking for?
One of my goals is to preserve history, so if you have old German newspapers, magazines, books, brochures or flyers from the 1960’s to 1990’s, please let me take a look at them. There are a lot of German companies, restaurants, churches, non-profits, clubs etc. that have closed down and I would like to preserve their memory.
What Media Have you Appeared on?
German Today – was a guest six times
AhornTV – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yV9gjy79zvY
VIFF, Grouse Mountain, Artists for Conservation with Elke Porter as guest host
Wolfgang Bogler – https://youtu.be/ZV9-xoJEvB8
Let’s Talk mit dem neuen virtuellen Saarland Büro in Vancouver – in Kanada.
When I ran for office in the municipal election in Vancouver, BC – https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/local-news/elke-porter-vancouver-politics-1939133
What Articles Have you Written?
Besides my blog posts, you can see these articles:
- Wrote an article for Dawna Müller in “Das Schwarze Brett” that is now on her website: https://static1.squarespace.com/static/57611f22a3360c9fc6bd6ebd/t/5b9977266d2a73dd96d4280d/1536784181516/SchwarzesBrett_DMP_articel.pdf
- Wrote an article for the 50th Anniversary of the German School referenced on this page (you will have to scroll down): https://www.surreygermanschool.com/50-years/
- Wrote an article for Vancouver Moms: https://www.vancouvermom.ca/for-kids/kitsilano-karate-for-kids-what-to-do-in-vancouver/
- Please scroll to the last page of the Regional Swiss News: http://https–www–swisscommunity–org.proxy.zghaq.gov.cn/fileadmin/revue/Ausgaben/2022/02/SRV-2202_CAN.pdf
- PR Web – https://www.prweb.com/releases/2015/06/prweb12781084.htm
- Slideshare slideshow: https://www.slideshare.net/WestcoastGermanNews/austrian-german-swiss-businesses-in-vancouver